Monday, July 16, 2007

Ok. So I know that ice cream doesn't really fall into the category of what a vegan triathlete should eat, but sometimes it's nice to have a treat or reward of some kind. My attention was brought to this homemade vegan ice cream blog by the vegan pictures community on Livejournal. Somebody posted a picture of some mint chocolate chip soy ice cream and it made me so jealous... mint chocolate chip was my favorite type of ice cream when I wasn't vegan, but I haven't eaten it since I turned vegan (and probably for a while before that). So here is a recipe for it! Now I really really really want an ice cream maker! I'm sure I could find one at a garage sale or I could ask around for my friends. From what I've heard, ice cream makers are one of those items that you buy, use once, and give away/sell. So maybe I could get one without paying large amounts of money for it. If I do make it, I'll be sure to report back!

No comments: